Thursday, December 15, 2016

Masking with Darkroom Door Gum Trees Stamp Set

Hi everyone, Shaz here.
it's time again for my mid-month post on Bizzy Bec's Design team, and today I'm revisiting a great stamp set from Darkroom Door - Gum Trees.
I love this set it has two great tree stamps - used both of them over on this post here.
So today I am using different style - previous one was a brayered scene, and this is ink duster scene, with larger of tree simply embossed in front of a masked scene.
On right is the first one I did, but I stamped the "Remember your roots" slightly crooked by 2mm or so (card for family not living in Oz). I cant handle crooked. So started again!
Mask with paper and repositonable tape - two masked pieces top and bottom (on the second one I stamped the tree first, but decided it looks better stamped afterwards, just looks stamped fresher).
I always lay down a base layer of ink when doing any sort of inking whether blending or brayer work - use neutral shade like Distress Ink - Antique linen here.
TIP:
I
f you lay a base layer, the following layers blend more smoothly.
Brushed on ink, however you can use blending tool too. Used some Memento Bahama Blue, Grape seed.
Then added some hills, with a torn piece of scrap paper to give rough shape of hill and inked this up twice with archival Black ink. Stamped the trees and text in Versafine Black Onyx, my favourite black ink and clear embossed.
So here are the two cards, didn't waste the first one, I merely covered the offending crooked sentiment with a free digi. Die cut it with Memory Box Pinpoint circles, and the Spellbinders scallop circles, love how them MB dies fit the SB circle dies.
  I really loved these cards, the Darkroom door stamps were so great to stamp with.
The "Remember your roots " word stamp is part of the
Darkroom Door Gum Trees set.

Thanks so much everyone for popping over and saying hi!
...and dont forget to pop over and join in Bec's Anything Goes December challenge .. you might win the prize :D 
Shaz in Oz.x

3 comments:

Carol said...

I love your card Shaz, You did a beautiful job with the scenery.
Thanks for more inspiration. Crafty Hugs, Carol x

RosA said...

Love both of those cards Shaz! They are just stunning and I must try this technique ... soon :)

Kathleen said...

The image is gorgeous and a totally stunning background.

Kath x
Sorry forgot to add now and early comment, Hope you have a lovely Christmas.